Short pen needles
Reliable subcutaneous injection
To achieve a good insulin dose effect it is essential to inject the insulin into the subcutaneous fatty tissue (subcutaneous injection) and not into the underlying muscle. Injecting insulin into the muscle can lead to unexplained fluctuations in blood glucose values as well as to severe hypoglycaemia.
- Short pen needles reduce the risk of inadvertent injections into the muscle.
- 4 mm and 5 mm pen needles simplify the injection technique. Injections can often be given at a 90 degree angle without forming a skin fold (children, adolescents and slim adults should form skin folds).1
Skin (epidermis and dermis)
Subcutaneous fatty tissue (subcutis)
4 mm and 5 mm pen needles often permit safe subcutaneous injections even without forming a skin fold. Follow the recommendations given by your diabetes advisor.
Long pen needles increase the risk of injecting into the muscle.
DiamondTip – the perfect needle tip
For a particularly gentle injection2
The mylife Clickfine DiamondTip pen needle with its innovative 6-bevel technology has a slimmer needle tip and thus less resistance during injection.
DiamondTip: high-precision 6-bevel pen needle tip – .
Available in 4 mm, 5 mm, 6 mm and 8 mm lengths.
Injection force in N
The test shows that injections with mylife Clickfine DiamondTip require less effort compared to a competitor product.2
The mylife Clickfine DiamondTip with the innovative 6-bevel technology:
The fine needle tip has 4 bevels on the upper side and 2 bevels on the lower side. Cutting from two sides in combination with the cutting angles, makes the pen needle more pointed and sharper in comparison. The result is a gentle and smooth injection.
Confirmed by users
Users tested and assessed the mylife Clickfine DiamondTip for its injection comfort.3
Extra Thin Wall Cannula
For an optimised drug flow
Larger inner diameter with an unchanged outer diameter4
- Improved medication through greater flow rate5
- Due to the larger inner diameter of the cannula, less force is required when pushing the injection button5
- Supports the simple delivery of highly concentrated insulins from 200 Units/ml
Premium quality features
Experience reliable comfort
Patented universal click technology for easy attaching on the injection pen.
The special treatment removes unevenness, prevents fraying of the ground edge and enables a smooth injection.
Special silicone surface treatment enables constant gliding characteristics and smooth penetration.
External protective cap with good grip. Free tear-off tab allows the sealing foil to be removed quickly.
Easy handling for everyone on the go
Unique usability features.
- External protective cap with a good grip
- Free tear-off tab allows the sealing film to be removed quickly
- Easy-to-remove inner protective cap
- Needle hub with viewing windows for additional optical control
- Special silicone surface treatment and 6-bevel tip for advanced injection comfort
- Follow the recommendations given by your diabetes advisor.
- Technical Report, 2018. Data on file.
- Results from user survey (n=150) contucted from June 2014 until June 2015 by IFAK Institut GmbH & Co. Kg, Germany, data on file.
- Cannula tube made of stainless steel for the manufacture of medical devices – ISO 9626:2016.
- Aronson R. et al.: Effects of Extra-Thin Wall Needle Technology on Preference, Confidence, and Other Patient Ratings, Clinical Therapeutics, 35(7):923-933, 2013.
Choosing the correct pen needle length
The mylife Clickfine DiamondTip with 6-bevel technology and Extra Thin Wall cannula is available in four different lengths and different outer (gauge) and inner diameters:
mylife Clickfine DiamondTip
31G / 0.25 mm, Extra Thin Wall
mylife Clickfine pen needles are tested according to ISO 11608-2:2012; they are fully functional when used with the injection pens listed below and on the mylife Clickfine pen needle box.
Fits on following diabetes pens
BerliPen® areo 2
BerliPen® areo 3
Liprolog® Junior KwikPen™
Humalog® Junior KwikPen®
HumaPen® Luxura HD
KwikPen® Humalog U-100
Humalog® Mix 50/50™ KwikPen®
Humalog® Mix 75/25™ KwikPen
KwikPen® Humalog U-200
KwikPen® Humulin R U-500
FlexTouch® Tresiba U-100
FlexTouch® Tresiba U-200
Insulin lispro Sanofi® SoloStar®